How to avoid Dry Winter Skin
Now the Winter time is here it is time to look at your skin care routine. Why not try these 7 top tips to avoid dry or flakey winter skin.
1. Hydrate inside and out. The key ingredient to healthy looking skin is water. When it’s hot outside our bodies lose moisture rapidly, so we are more likely to drink fluids; but as the weather turns cold we generally drink less. Hyaluronan is an ingredient often used in skin creams but did you know that you can take Hyaluronan in a pure liquid form to hydrate from within?
Click our product above to read more about Syno-Vital
2. Handle your hands with care. Use hand cream frequently as the weather turns cooler. If you find this difficult to do, then apply an intensive moisturizer to your hands at night and for a more intense effect wear gloves after you have applied the hand cream. This will help if your hands are extremely dry in the winter months.
3. Change your moisturizer. Use a richer moisturizer for your face during the winter months. Choose moisturizers with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid (Hyaluronan), which holds 1,000 times its weight in water.
4. Invest in eye cream. Apply eye cream not only to your eyes, but also to other areas of your face that tend to be very dry.
5. Exfoliate. Our skin constantly sheds old cells. If we don’t actively remove these dead cells, they can enhance the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Be diligent about exfoliating daily or weekly, depending on your skin type and sensitivity, using an exfoliator appropriate for your skin type.
6. Say yes to SPF. Sunscreen is a must, year-round. Apply facial moisturizer and eye cream, then beauty balm cream or tinted moisturizer containing SPF. The cream or tinted moisturizer acts as a light foundation, and the SPF protects you from the sun’s harmful rays.
7. Don’t forget your lips. Keep them soft and hydrated with alcohol-free lip balm. You can give lips a moisture-rich treat by applying a cocoa or shea butter based balm right after you wash your face or take a shower.
With all this, you should have a healthy, glowing and radiant skin during the harsh winter months.